This simple soup brings out smooth zuchinni flavors and adds a hint of tomato zest. It’s an easy soup to make in just 30 minutes and sure to be a success.
Total time: 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions
- 1 leek (white part only)
- 1pound zuchinni (about three small zuchinni’s)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 4 2.5 oz vegetable boullion cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop the onions and leek. Rinse the zuchinni(s) thoroughly as we’ll be leaving the skin on! Cut the zuchinni into 1-inch chunks – if you have a large zuchinni you would do best to scoop out the soft inside with a spoon.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat and add the chopped onion and leek – stir occasionally. Saute for about 5 minutes until the onion starts to become transparent.
- Add the diced zuchinni, and fill your pot with hot water – I usually leave about an inch from the top to prevent the soup from spilling over. Add vegetable bouillon and return to high heat brining the soup to a boil.
- While the soup is heating up, dice the tomatoes and add them to the soup as soon as it comes to a boil. Continue to boil the soup for about 20 minutes or until the zuchinni cubes have become soft.
- Remove the soup from the stove and blend thoroughly using a hand-blender. Return to stove and bring to a boil for another minute or two, add pepper and serve hot.