These delicious little treats are the easiest things you will have ever made. And they’re so cute!
Total time: 90 minutes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons rum
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flakes
- Extra cocoa powder or coconut flakes for garnish
- Mix together sugar and butter
- Stir in nuts, cocoa powder, coconut, and rum.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl or teacup, pour a couple tablespoons of coconut flakes or cocoa powder. Set this aside for garnishing.
- Using two spoons roll the balls into 1 inch balls, then drop them into your small bowl or teacup of garnish, and roll it around a couple times until the entire rum ball is covered. Set these rum balls on a plate (preferably lined with waxed paper) and refrigerate them after you are done.
- Voila! You are done!
- For the chopped nuts, consider using hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts.
- I have noticed that many of the recipes out there for rum balls involve corn syrup. Generally, I prefer not to use corn syrup– or any of the other corn-derived food products. See here to find out the various health problems associated with corn.