Quick SalsaSeptember 13th, 2009 | Posted by in Quick and Easy | Side Dishes | Snacks | Tex-Mex | Vegetarian
This recipe, with its fresh-squeezed lime juice, will leave you feeling refreshed!Â Easy to make, it is the ultimate summer party snack.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 6-7 medium tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- sprig of cilantro
- Chop all ingredients into small pieces and mix together.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the rest of the mix.
- Enjoy salsa with tortilla chips!
- This is a chunky salsa.Â If you like your salsa more like a sauce with a smoother consistency, all you have to do is put it through the blender.
- Are your onions making you cry?Â Try a slicing motion with your knives, rather than chopping.Â Using a sharp knife will also help.Â The reason you cry, is because the juice squirts out of the onion when you press with your knife.Â If you slice with a sharp knife, it is less likely to squirt.